Planning and the number of square meters in the kitchen often set the main role in determining the functionality of the room and filling it with furniture. Therefore, the classical ergonomics and the placement of objects here can not speak. People find a way out of any situation, making the kitchen area always cozy, functional and filled with everything a good housewife needs. It is for elongated and rectangular rooms that the kitchen suite is ideal. He is the most stylish and compact fit in your line all the necessary furniture modules and built-in appliances.
Where to install direct kitchen?
If the area of the kitchen zone allows, then often to a straight kitchen, add small elements in the form of an island, a peninsula or a bar. They dilute the overall geometry and make the space more functional in fullness. If the kitchen is small, then it is best to fill the remaining space with a table, chairs, shelves or a soft corner. A direct kitchen unit will be an excellent option in the following cases:
- you are the owners of the kitchen just 3-8 square meters ("Khrushchev" or small apartment);
- the kitchen area is very narrow and elongated, with niches, windows and doors in inconvenient places;
- kitchen combined with a living room in a common studio;
- the number of family members is not more than two people;
- the desire to install in the kitchen not only functional furniture, but also to create a dining area with a seating area;
- the design of the furniture itself assumes a direct appearance.
You can not start from conventional wisdom and just install a direct kitchen of their own accord. If in your opinion the kitchen will have the perfect look and design, performing all the functions and not taking away the extra space - you can safely order or buy a direct kitchen set.
Advantages and disadvantages
A kitchen of direct purpose, like any furniture, can have its advantages and disadvantages. Each person evaluates them personally for himself and chooses the best option when filling the house with furniture and other things. The benefits include:
- easy and simple design project that does not require costs and hard work;
- design on such kitchens can be done independently, even without the knowledge of graphic editors;
- straight kitchens are always the cheapest in furniture catalogs and stores due to the lack of complex shapes and corner modules;
- a straight headset is always compact, comfortable and spacious due to the lack of corners;
- everything is in the direct access of the “outstretched arm” and is not obstructed by unnecessary items;
- 3 meters of direct kitchen can be easily delivered and installed by yourself, saving a significant amount of money;
- direct set perfectly fit into any area and layout.
However, direct kitchen furniture can have serious drawbacks, which for many are important when choosing furniture for your home. By cons include:
- perfect kitchen ergonomics are violated, the “triangle principle” does not work;
- if the length of the kitchen exceeds 3 meters, then in use it will cause a lot of trouble and tire during fast cooking;
- important elements (refrigerator, sink, stove) will be far from each other;
- in a straight kitchen of small length it will be difficult to fit a refrigerator and other household appliances, thereby the working surface will be “broken”, and the kitchen area will visually decrease by several times.
In kitchens of this configuration, each person will feel differently. Someone will be annoyed by minimalism and clarity of lines, while others will rejoice at the feeling that the kitchen has become long and resembles a professional work area.
Kitchen professionals have long ago created a whole list of things to consider, equipping their own storage and cooking area.
Do not install a sink near the wall itself. This is fraught with many inconveniences: the elbow all the time will beat into the wall, splashes of water will fill the edges of the furniture and wallpaper, and the place where to leave the washed dishes immediately decreases twice. Be sure to leave a place for washing dishes in the form of a tabletop from the side of the wall. The sink itself is best to take a professional and deep, which will place inside the entire amount of dishes and will not fill the kitchen with water when washing.
In direct kitchens it is best to make deep and roomy pedestals where you can put all the utensils and small kitchen utensils. When developing or choosing kitchen modules, you need to remember that between the headset and the opposite wall or furniture there should be a place about 1 meter. Otherwise, the kitchen will become cramped and inconvenient to use.
Stove and fridge should not be close. If this cannot be avoided, then leave between them a gap of at least 15-20 centimeters. This is necessary from the point of view of safety, and also protects the refrigerator from grease and burning from the stove when cooking.
If possible, hide all appliances in special cases-columns. There you can put a water heater, gas column, washing machine, extractor hood or microwave. They will improve the appearance of the kitchen and protect these items from the accumulation of kitchen dirt and dust on their walls.
Such tricks will help to make a direct kitchen set very convenient and practical to use. Having decorated the kitchen area with functional and ergonomic furniture that will perfectly fit into the kitchen of any shape and size.