Decorative plaster mixes are an integral component of design in most categories of modern premises. The coating can be applied both to the entire surface and to individual architectural elements: columns, niches, panels. Here, a fine-dispersed filler is responsible for creating a relief structure. Lime, silicate, acrylic-polymer, silicone origin, cement, gypsum serve as binders.
"American" is used in premises that are subject to increased operational load, in particular, cultural and commercial institutions, educational and medical institutions, offices and business centers. Exterior finish, in turn, is in demand for arranging buildings of railway stations and airports, it fits perfectly on walls made of lightweight brick, gas and foam blocks.
Since the mixture has enhanced adhesion and high vapor permeability, the plaster is used to decorate the walls in bathrooms and pools.
This type of finish has the following advantages:
- for each site and architectural element, you can create a unique coating design;
- strengthening sound insulation of the room;
- protection of the surface of the walls from pollution, their general strengthening;
- the possibility of using a pneumatic sprinkler, which can significantly increase the speed of work.
You can not ignore the fact that the plaster "American" can reduce the cost of finishing by almost a third compared with the costs that are spent on painting or pasting wallpaper of similar areas. The covering is maintainable, it is easy to restore it even in conditions when there is no possibility of blocking the passage of visitors to this site.
There are 4 main types of coverage:
- small fractional industrial - hides the deficiencies of the surface, requires minimal base preparation, cost-effective;
- facade - large-fraction, resistant to temperature extremes, precipitation and vandalism;
- from the "comfort" collection - demanded in the residential segment, combines lightness and cleanliness, beige, gray, chocolate tones are common;
- specialized office.
Specificity and technology of application
The wall must first be thoroughly cleaned of dust, old finishes, dirt, remove loose concrete and bricks. Before putting, masters qualitatively mix structure before receiving a uniform consistence. For the preparation of dry mixes use plain clean water. Tools you need for manual work:
- spatulas graters (wide and narrow);
- emery cloth;
- brush and paint roller.
The mixture is left to dry for about a day, after it is treated with emery cloth. Next, the wall is carefully primed, the final stage is the application of varnish or paint. When it is necessary to achieve multiple shades, the wall is painted in several stages.
American plaster is an economical decorative coating that has the visual effect of droplets on the surface. The domestic profile market offers users an extensive range of colors that allow in a short time to decorate residential, public, industrial premises.